2017 Winter Season
The winter season includes alpine skiing, cross country skiing, floor hockey, figure skating, snowboarding and snowshoeing. Please visit your community’s page for more information on getting involved with this season.
- Local Games Sanction Form – For Community Sport Chairs and Coaches – Please submit by Monday, January 23.
- Floor Hockey Team Skills Assessment– Due Monday, January 30
- 2017 Winter Midseason Report – Due Monday, January 30
2017 Winter Games Registration
- Section I – Delegation Information
- Section II – Travel, Housing, Meals
- Section IB – Local Competition Results
2017 Summer Season
- 2017 Summer Season Registration – For Community Director or Sport Chair. Due Monday, March 13
2016 Bowling Tournament
Special Olympics offers over 32 Olympic-style individual and team sports that provide meaningful training and competition opportunities for persons with intellectual disabilities. Programs are provided for all ages and ability levels.
Through sports training and competition, our athletes are realizing their abilities, not disabilities. Their world is opened with acceptance and understanding. They become confident and empowered by their accomplishments.
In Alaska we offer 14 Olympic-style sports in four sport seasons. Each season includes opportunities for competition on a local and state level. In addition, athletes have the opportunity to qualify and advance to National and World Games. Special Olympics Alaska Coaches are required to take the Coaches Certification Course. Resources for coaches can be found here.
Winter Sports Season-December through March
Unified Floor Hockey
Summer Sports Season- March through June
Athletics (Track & Field)
Basketball (Individual Skills, Unified & Traditional)
Fall Sports Season – June through September
Bowling Season – August through November
Bowling (Unified and Traditional)
- For more information contact:
- Sarah Arts
- Director of Sports and Programs
- 3200 Mountain View Dr.
- Anchorage, AK 99501
- 1-888-499-7625 (toll free in Alaska)
- 1-907-222-7625 (ext 601)
- 1-907-222-6200 (fax)